As part of Child Abuse Prevention Month, the first Saturday in April is designated National Love Our Children Day. It’s a day to enhance the lives of children in all ways possible.
We asked the staff at Child Crisis Arizona what they love about the children they work with. Here are some of their answers:
- Them giving and receiving LOVE given what they have been through.
- I love seeing their progress as they remember things we have taught them.
- One thing I love about the children we work with is their unconditional love. They have a willingness to love and accept you the way that you are even when many, if not most of them, have been denied the same kind of love from people in their lives.
- What I love about the children we work with is seeing all their beautiful personalities develop and them being able to build trusting relations with all the staff.
- What I love about the children we work with is their smiles when they accomplish something difficult. It’s so rewarding being able to see them grow and become more independent and their own individual person. I also love the way our children are able to trust us and watching them enjoy life is truly life changing. It is a true honor working with the children we protect and serve each and every day.
The children in our programs inspire us every day to continue our vision of Safe Kids, Strong Families!