There are more than 14,000 children in foster care in Arizona and a huge need for more foster and adoptive homes for these children to live in. You can be a part of the solution!
The requirements to foster or adopt are:
- Must be age 21 or older for foster care, 18 or older for adoption
- Must be financially stable
- Must be a United States citizen and Arizona resident
- Obtain a physician’s statement verifying your emotional & physical health
- Complete a fingerprint & criminal background check
- Complete a Life Safety Inspection
- Complete five weeks of Foster Parent College training
- Provide five references
- Provide documentation including, but not limited to, birth certificate, CPR/First Aid training and auto insurance
Click through the images below to see some common myths about becoming a foster or adoptive parent and the truth behind the lies.