We have expanded Early Head Start to Mesa, welcoming 48 children in six new classrooms and 64 children and pregnant women in our home-based service. Child Crisis Arizona also operates a year-round Early Head Start and Preschool in Phoenix, serving prenatal moms and children to age 5. Family Support Specialists work with families through prenatal, home-based and center-based visits.
Billy’s mom was
referred to our
after bad behavior
but our teachers
didn’t give up on him,
and six months later
he is a different child
and succeeding in
The program is based on meeting the following goals for children and families:
- Promote healthy child development
- Help parents build strong relationships with their child
- Connect children and families with needed community resources
- Support families as they move towards self-sufficiency
Benefits for Children
- Low teacher-child ratios.
- Small group sizes ensure that services are individualized.
- Support through parent education, child advocacy and training opportunities.
- A myriad opportunities to develop physical, social and emotional skills.
Benefits for Parents
- Guidance and support to build strong families through parent education, child advocacy training and connections with community services.
- Parents are welcome in the classroom.
- Family Support Specialist works with families through prenatal, home-based and center-based visits.
WHO CAN ENROLL
- Children ages 0-3 that live in ZIP codes 85008 and 85006
- Children ages 3-5 that meet our program eligibility requirements
- Children ages 0-3 that live in the area of the 101 to the West of Greenfield and the US 60 to the North of 202.