At Child Crisis Arizona, we operate Early Head Start programs in Phoenix and Mesa, as well as a Preschool program in Phoenix. Maricopa County Head Start operates a Head Start program at our Mesa location (opens August 2018).
As a part of our programs, Family Support Specialists work with participating families through prenatal, home-based and center-based visits.
The program is based on meeting the following goals for children and families:
- Promote healthy child development
- Help parents build strong relationships with their child
- Connect children and families with needed community resources
- Support families as they move towards self-sufficiency
Benefits for Children
- Low teacher-child ratios.
- Small group sizes ensure that services are individualized.
- Support through parent education, child advocacy and training opportunities.
- A myriad opportunities to develop physical, social and emotional skills.
Benefits for Parents
- Guidance and support to build strong families through parent education, child advocacy training and connections with community services.
- Parents are welcome in the classroom.
- Family Support Specialist works with families through prenatal, home-based and center-based visits.
Who Can Enroll
Phoenix Early Head Start & Preschool Programs
- Children ages 0-3 that live in ZIP codes 85008 and 85006
- Children ages 3-5 that meet our program eligibility requirements. Please call 602.889.6165 for more information on requirements.
Mesa Early Head Start
- Children ages 0-3 that live in the area of the 101 to the West of Greenfield and the US 60 to the North of 202.
Maricopa County Head Start Program at Child Crisis Arizona (begins August 2018)
- Children ages 4-5
- For enrollment information, please contact Maricopa County Human Services Department East Valley Office 480-464-9669