“Continue motivating our families and children as always. Continue to do an excellent job as you have done so far with our children. Thank you very much.”
– Mesa Early Head Start Parent
Early Head Start & Head Start Programs
- Child Crisis Arizona operates Early Head Start programs in Phoenix and Mesa. Family Support Specialists work with participating families through prenatal, home-based and center-based visits.
- Maricopa County Head Start operates a Head Start program at our Mesa location (opens October 2018).
- Child Crisis Arizona operates an award-winning Preschool program for children ages three to five who live in Phoenix’s Garfield neighborhood.
- Family Support Specialists provide guidance to the entire family through parent education classes, family activities, and referrals to community resources offered by Child Crisis Arizona’s community partners.
Why are Early Education Services important?
- Promote healthy child development
- Help parents build strong relationships with their child
- Connect children and families with needed community resources
- Support families as they move towards self-sufficiency
How does the child benefit?
- Low teacher-child ratios.
- Small group sizes ensure that services are individualized.
- Support through parent education, child advocacy and training opportunities.
- A myriad opportunities to develop physical, social and emotional skills.
How does the family benefit?
- Guidance and support to build strong families through parent education, child advocacy training and connections with community services.
- Parents are welcome in the classroom.
- Family Support Specialist works with families through prenatal, home-based and center-based visits.
View our 2017 Early Head Start Annual Report.
Phoenix Early Head Start & Preschool Programs
- Children ages 0-3 that live in ZIP codes 85008 and 85006
- Children ages 3-5 that meet our program eligibility requirements. Please call (602) 889-6165 for more information on requirements.
Mesa Early Head Start
- Children ages 0-3 that live in the area of the 101 to the West of Greenfield and the US 60 to the North of 202.